Political Leadership Academy for Women Application Form for participants.
Are you an elected or appointed woman leader working with the local, district or provincial government looking to advance your career?
UN Women and the Pacific Institute of Leadership and Governance are seeking for sub-national women leaders to participate in the 2021 cohort of the Political Leadership Academy for Women, the first of its kind in Papua New Guinea.
The Political Leadership Academy for Women offers a 6-month part-time programme that will support women with the sub-national government with:
- Political leadership training opportunities focused on (1) leadership and governance, (2) community engagement, (3) communications and (4) getting (re)elected;
- Access to mentorship from former/current political leaders;
- Online/domestic south-south learning exchanges.
The Political Leadership Academy, through sustained engagement with a single cohort of participants, will also contribute to the creation of a network of subnational women political leaders.
Over the course of the 6-month programme, 20-25 selected women will:
- Take part in 4 separate capacity-building/networking workshops;
- Be matched with a former political leader who will act as their mentor over the course of the programme;
- Have access to domestic and online south-south learning exchanges.
To be eligible to participate in the Political Leadership Academy participants must be:
- An elected or appointed woman leader working at the subnational level, i.e. in Local-Level Government, Provincial Assemblies or District Development Authorities;
- Passionate about gender equality and women’s political participation;
- Looking to advance their leadership career;
- Able to commit to fully participating in the programme.
How to apply:
Complete the application form via this link PLA Participants application form
Download the application form from PLA participants application form and email it to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘PLAW Application_[First name_last name]
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Friday 1st October, 2021 at midnight.
Please note that in order to ensure a quality learning experience only 20 spaces are available for this first pilot cohort. This may be expanded in future but will not exceed 30 per cohort in order to maintain a high quality learning experience and low participant-to-mentor ratio. As such, not all applications will be successful.